Q: My gateway won’t turn on.
A: Is the gateway plugged in at a power outlet, and at the back of the gateway too?
- Check that the power outlet has power by plugging in another device, such as a cell phone charger.
Push the power button on the gateway.
- Does the green light to the left of the USB ports come on?
Q: My gateway won’t connect to PowerTools.
A: Is the gateway on a working ethernet network?
- Check with a laptop that you can access the Internet from the gateway’s same ethernet cable laptop.
- If not, is the gateway behind a proxy or firewall?
- Has the firewall been configured to enable communication between the gateway and PowerTools servers?
- Do you have a PowerTools account?
- Has the gateway been added to a site in PowerTools?
Q: My gateway won’t connect to a device.
A: Is the device known to work with the gateway?
- Check the approved device list at intel.com/bmp.
If the device is communicating over Ethernet or Wi-Fi, is it on the same subnet as the gateway?
- If the device is on a different network such as ZigBee or powerline, did you plug in a network adapter to the gateway’s USB port, or install a network adapter on the same Ethernet network as the gateway?
- Has the device been joined to its network before attempting to connect to it from the gateway?
See the user manual for your specific device for troubleshooting help.
Q: I can’t get the Ethernet port lights to turn on for my gateway.
A: Check that your Ethernet cable is plugged into the correct port on the gateway. Check with a laptop that you can access the Internet from the gateway’s same ethernet cable laptop.